By: Shubham Ghosh
Indian home minister Amit Shah on Friday (17) commented on the ongoing Adani Group fiasco saying the country’s Supreme Court set up a two-member committee with retired judges and everyone should go to it and submit whatever evidence they have.
Speaking at the India Today Conclave in Delhi on Friday (17) in the national capital, Shah, the second-most powerful leader in India’s ruling Bharatiya Janata Party, said, “No one should be spared if any wrong has been done. Everyone should have faith in the judicial process.”
He also said that people should not make baseless allegations as they cannot last long.
The minister added that the Securities and Exchange Board of India (SEBI), India’s market regulator, has informed the top court in an affidavit that it is investigating the matter.
“The Supreme Court told SEBI to continue its probe, which is parallel to the other probe and submit it to the Supreme Court. SEBI has already been told and SEBI conveyed that it was conducting the investigation,” Shah said.
Shah also said probe agencies such as the Central Bureau of Investigation and the Enforcement Directorate have been working impartially and except two, all cases that they were investigating had been registered when the previous United Progressive Alliance government was in power in Delhi.
The minister said the investigating agencies were not above the law and any notice, first information report and charge sheet can be challenged in the courts.
“Instead of going to the court, why are they shouting outside? I want to ask the people if there is any corruption allegation against anyone, shouldn’t there be a probe?” he asked.
(With PTI inputs)