- Ranveer Singh’s father Jagjit Singh Bhavnani has agreed to meet IMPPA over the Don 3 dispute.
- Farhan Akhtar and Ritesh Sidhwani approached IMPPA with documents related to the film.
- The dispute over Ranveer’s exit from Don 3 remains unresolved.
- Ranveer has started shooting for his next film, Pralay, directed by Jai Mehta.
- Ranveer was recently spotted dropping Deepika Padukone and their daughter Dua at the airport.
Ranveer Singh’s exit from Don 3 has triggered another development, with his father, Jagjit Singh Bhavnani, agreeing to meet the Indian Motion Picture Producers Association (IMPPA). The move comes after producers Farhan Akhtar and Ritesh Sidhwani approached the industry body over the actor’s reported withdrawal from the project. The latest development suggests that discussions could now take place, but the dispute has not yet been resolved.
Why did Ranveer Singh’s father agree to meet IMPPA?
According to reports, Farhan and Ritesh presented IMPPA with documents concerning Don 3, including the agreement signed between the parties and details about a promotional video that had already been made. IMPPA president Abhay Sinha said the producers approached the association with a complaint and sought its intervention.
“Farhan and Ritesh approached us with a complaint against Ranveer and sought our intervention in the matter last month. We subsequently wrote to Ranveer asking him to respond,” Sinha told The Times of India.
Ranveer’s lawyer had initially questioned IMPPA’s jurisdiction and maintained that the actor would not participate in the proceedings. That position has since changed. Abhay Sinha said Ranveer’s side communicated its willingness to attend a meeting, with his father subsequently approaching the association.
"However, three days ago, Ranveer's father approached us and expressed their willingness to meet," he added.
Is the Don 3 dispute still unresolved?
Yes. The proposed IMPPA meeting is a step toward hearing both sides, rather than confirmation that the disagreement has been settled. IMPPA is expected to hear Ranveer’s side before deciding whether any further action is necessary.
The controversy intensified after Ranveer reportedly exited Don 3, following his 2023 announcement as the new lead of the franchise after Shah Rukh Khan’s two films. The issue later reached FWICE, which issued a non-cooperation directive against the actor. That directive was withdrawn in June following intervention by IMPPA, the Producers Guild and CINTAA.
Ranveer’s spokesperson had earlier said, “Ranveer Singh holds the highest regard for the film fraternity and for everyone associated with the Don franchise. Throughout the recent developments surrounding Don 3, he has consciously chosen to maintain silence, believing that professional discussions and personal equations are best handled with dignity, maturity and mutual respect.”
What is Ranveer Singh doing after Don 3?
While the Don 3 dispute continues, Ranveer has moved on to his next project, Pralay. The Jai Mehta-directed post-apocalyptic action thriller has officially begun production in Mumbai, with Kalyani Priyadarshan starring alongside him.
The actor has also recently been seen in a personal moment with wife Deepika Padukone. Ranveer was spotted dropping Deepika and their daughter Dua at the airport as they traveled to Bengaluru. The appearance drew attention because the couple has largely remained away from the public eye recently.
For now, the Don 3 row remains open, with the next IMPPA meeting expected to provide an opportunity for Ranveer’s side and the producers to present their respective positions.










Mallika Sherawat and Sacha Gervasi attend The BAFTA Tea presented by Delta Air Lines and Virgin Atlantic & sponsored by Bentley Beverly Hills, The Four Seasons, Don Julio, Heineken, Maison Perrier, and Threads at Four Seasons Hotel Los Angeles at Beverly Hills on January 10, 2026 in Los Angeles, California. Getty Images